Microbes are widely distributed in nature.It can be said that all places where they can survive are their homes.However, the place where microorganisms are most concentrated is soil, which provides various basic elements required for the growth of microorganisms, and also has the advantages of good insulation properties and strong buffering properties.
Therefore,soil is the stronghold of microorganisms and is the most abundant bacterial species library.The species of microorganisms in the soil is extremely rich.
Main Characteristics of Microorganisms
- Small size/variety/rapid reproduction
- Strong adaptability to the environment
There are 2.5 billion bacteria, 700,000 actinomycetes, 400,000 fungi, 50,000 algae, 30,000 protozoa.
What’s Microbial fertilizers ?
Microbial fertilizers are products that result in specific fertilizer effects on crops due to microbial life activities. They are selected from the soil and acclimated to microbes that can improve crop nutrition.
It includes the fixation of molecular nitrogen in the air, the conversion of nitrogen into autonomous or symbiotic nitrogen-fixing bacteria of plant-usable nitrogen, and the conversion of phosphorus and potassium,which cannot be used by mineral plants,into available phosphorus and potassium,Phosphorus bacteria and potassium bacteria; and secrete a variety of stimulants and antibiotics for the growth of beneficial crops.
In short,any microorganism that can directly or indirectly improve the nutritional status of crops can be used as a fungicide or other fillers, used a small amount of chemical fertilizers and some grass ash as carriers, which can be widely used as bacterial fertilizers in agricultural production.
Like other fertilizers, microbial fertilizer is used to improve the rhizosphere and foliar nutrition of crops, promote the growth and development of crops, enhance the resistance of crops, and then increase crop yields and improve the quality of agricultural products. Its fertilizer effect is generally considered broad,not only nutrients, but also include the stimulation of crop growth, regulation, assisting crops to absorb water, and reducing or inhibiting the survival of harmful microorganisms due to the extensive growth of inoculated microorganisms in the rhizosphere of crop roots,thus show its effectiveness in mitigating some pests and diseases.
Wide range of applications in agriculture
In the field of agriculture, the study of micro-organisms is still in the research stage of monomer micro-organisms.Only the research results at this stage have been well applied in the agricultural field.
Therefore, microbial fertilizers have a different mechanism of action than chemical fertilizers and organic fertilizers, and they have unique effects in some respects, so they have received attention from many countries. At least 70 countries are currently researching, producing and applying microbial fertilizers.
What’s popular microbial fertilizer for now?
1. Bacillus subtilis, it can produce substances similar to cytokinin or hormones to promote plant growth. It not only acts as microbial fungicide, but also be used as biofertilizer, induce plant stress resistance and improve soil condition. Many fertilizer manufacturer like to mix Bacillus subtilis with mycorrhiza,trichoderma etc to achieve better effect.
2. Trichoderma harzianum, it’s a biological fungicide for eliminating damaging fungal pathogens, such as Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia, Pythium, Fusarium…Improve soil condition, Increase plant resistance ability and improve crops yields and quality.
3. Mycorrhizae play the important role in plant growth. They help build soil aggregate structure to provides plant roots with a better & healthy environment to healthy and strong growth. Their symbiotic relationship with plants helps them access extra water and nutrients source in soil.